Monday, December 26, 2011
Just wanted to check in and share a little bit of our christmas!
and i realized i didn't do a post of our christmas decor, so here's a few pics:
and i finally finished re-making our manzanita trees from our wedding just in time to decorate them for the holidays!
hope you all had a great christmas, and thanks for sticking around for my few and far between posts!
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Monday, October 24, 2011
Friday, October 7, 2011
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
- buying a coffee table
- buying a nook table for the kitchen nook we demolished
- buy a desk
- buy an area rug
- hang engagement & wedding photos
- fully renovate the second bathroom
- install blinds
and i can finally say we are checking things off the list!
- blinds have been ordered!
- coffee table, desk, kitchen nook, & extra table have all been ordered!!! i'm so excited for my west elm parsons collection. i have been lusting after a parsons desk for what seems like forever!!!
Friday, September 16, 2011
- capping the exposed sink pipe...DONE! no more water spilling out all over the floor!
- get a new shower curtain to replace that hideous one that the previous tenants left behind....DONE! nice, white, and plain. oh yah, and a tiny bit too short.
- new shower head that doesn't spray directly at the wall (seriously, most UNfunctional shower everrrrr!)...after 2 tries, DONE!
- clean & get rid of unnecessary stuff....done!
Thursday, August 18, 2011
1. clean clean clean!!!! i went on a 4 hour cleaning spree the other week. vaacuming, dusting, mopping, polishing, scrubbing...the whole shebang. now i just need a quick cleaning and we'll be house guest ready!
2. hang pottery barn hanging organizers: i'm so excited that there's actually a place for keys and mail now.
3. progress in the second bathroom:
- shower cleaned
- new shower head
- shower caddy up
- shower curtain up
- exposed pipe capped
- toilet---in process of being fixed
stay tuned for pics and more updates!!!!
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
we came away with:
shower curtain, bath mat, shower caddie
not a bad start right?
Thursday, March 24, 2011
so, with nolan's foot firmly planted in the land of we-are-not-replacing-anything-until-after-the-wedding land, i can only do minor things to make this bathroom as functioning as possible. (minus a sink) in time for our house guest, CECE!!! (hi cece!)
GUEST BATH IN ALL ITS ORIGINAL GLORY:
- clean as much as possible
- get toilet working again (it has no water, anyone know why that is?
- get a new shower head (i'm sure that doesn't count)
- get a new shower curtain
- find a shower caddie
- door hooks
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
so, i thought contractors take stuff to throw away when they're done. i guess not. we were left with buckets of paint, primer, flooring stuff, broken tile, mortar, and things i just can't figure out what they were for. all of this was left around the apartment when we moved in. we didn't know what to do with it all (they must've left it behind for a reason, right? wrong.) so we threw it in the guest bath.
Friday, January 28, 2011
i can no longer dance around like an idiot waving my hand in the air whenever "single ladies" starts to play. ha.
six critters moved in as well...
we are now the reluctant owners of 6 guppies and soon-to-be 1 bottom feeder fish...for feng shui reasons...remember this post? luckily we found a plain grey pot...no crazy chinese designs. phew!
and hopefully in the new year, we will get our second bathroom cleaned out and AT LEAST get the toilet and shower in working order!